At JETFORCE, we believe remarkable talent, enthusiasm, and creative thinking add up to great work. We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills. As a member of the creative team, our copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media), working closely with the account management and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. Thorough research and interviews will be required to understand each client’s industry, products/services, branding objectives, and marketing goals. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
Objectives of this Role
• Thrive in a collaborative environment with a growing workload often requiring short turnaround times.
• Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action.
• Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends.
• Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts.
• Research and understand the client’s needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings if necessary.
• Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials.
• Collaborate with a team of account managers and creatives from concept development to delivery of the final product.
• Present copy concepts and final deliverables to the internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion.
• Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction.
Skills and Qualifications
• Experience in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline.
• Minimum 3 years of professional copywriting experience with a solid portfolio of work.
• Exceptional writing and research skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills and multitasking ability.
• Proficiency in Google Workspace apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), PDF, and other basic file formats.
• Social media or content marketing experience is a plus.
• Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides are a plus.
• Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify, etc.
• A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design.